Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mushrooms

We had a little rain late last week and on a venture in the park Saturday I happened upon these Shroons in several different parts of the park. I don't know their names but I thought them worthy of a view as they do make up a part of our creation.  Mushroom identification goes to another level and I didn't attempt to name these for fear of falsely identifying them.

This one was growing a couple of feet from a beaver pond and was the only one around.


I spotted this orange beast from my vehicle and was pleased when I approached and snapped this shot of them bursting through the pine straw and litter.They were on a dry mid ridge overlooking a lake.


And this coral looking beauty was also on a dry mid ridge but it was coming from the base of a dead tree stump and well shaded.


It is amazing how fast they can grow and then how fast they are gone. I went back to take their picture again late the next day and they had begun to wither rather quickly.  They didn't look nearly as good as the day before.

"Cherish each day, each moment, for there is no promise of tomorrow, and if tomorrow does shine it's blessings upon you, the things of yesterday may only be a memory."
           Randy J. Schultz


5 comments:

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

I, too am just fascinated with the fungi I find. There have been so many here in my area of the mid-Ohio valley. I caught a large area of that orange lettucy looking one a couple weeks ago. I can't seem to muster up the wherewithall to identify them, though.
I love your bottom shot of the white coral-like one.
nellie

Sheila said...

The coral-like one is beautiful ... Yes, those peak moments in nature come and go quickly. I saw an interesting lavender wildflower on a walk the other day and wished I had my camera with me, because I'm sure it's no longer in bloom now...

pumpkydine said...

Nellie,
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I really appreciate those who leave an honest word or two as it helps me grow and try to improve. I know how you feel on the identification thing. I wanted to name these but after reading a little on mushroom identification and all that really went into it, I just didn't have the time right now. Maybe another day. I really liked the coral one also. Hope you have a blessed day.

Shelia,
Thanks for the kind comment. I like the coral one also. I have missed many opportunities by not having a camera and going back a day or two later only to find dissapointment when things had changed. July has been a rather difficult month to find much of interest to photograph but in the last few days I have noticed the late summer, early fall flowers begining to bloom. I hope to share several of them in the coming weeks. God Bless!

Marty said...

beautiful mushrooms ! we have a lot of mushrooms too this year !
wish you a nice next week !

pumpkydine said...

Thank you Marty for your visit and comment. I really appreciate your time. Love your macro photos! They give me inspiration. Hope you have a great week also!