Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wild Thing! You Make My Heart Sing!

Had to take a trip to Nashville this week and while
driving on the Natchez Trace Parkway I was falling
into that trance you get when mile after mile of road
starts to look like the previous 100 miles, boring! All
of a sudden as I round a curve there is this beautiful
field of yellow daisies. Talk about a mood changer! It
was like I had just drank a V-8, Ha Ha! I had to stop and  
snap a picture or two and as I left I was surprised how
much better I felt after seeing the field of beautiful "Wild"
 flowers. A little further down the road as I pondered the
field of "Wild" daisies, I remembered a song from the
Troggs in 1966 that kinda spoke about "Wild Things" 
and put me in a whole lot better mood for the rest of
my trip. It is amazing how flowers just bring a smile
to your face and a little joy to the heart!

Narrowleaf Sunflower - Helianthus angustifolius




footnote: I know the song wasn't referring to flowers, but on
"this occasion", they kinda gave me the same feeling as the subject
in the song!  They did make my heart sing! Ha Ha!
Have a great week, everyone!

"Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity."
John Ruskin(1819-1900): Art critic, social thinker & philanthropist

12 comments:

Marty said...

it seems that the sun is falling in the grass to fill your heart with light and songs ! what a wonderful post ! love it !
have a lovely new week !

Susie Swanson said...

They make my heart sing too. Love the pictures, the flowers are beautiful.. Hope you have a good week..

Karin / Southern Meadows said...

I love sunflowers and these are one of my favorites. They make me so happy when I see them along the roadside with their welcoming faces!

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

I'll look for them tomorrow when we drive home from Alabama to WV.
nellie

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

And yes, they are beautiful
nellie

pumpkydine said...

Thank you so much Marty for the kind and gracious words. There are so many reasons to have a happy heart and flowers are definitely one of them. You have a great week also! Blessings!

Thank you Susie, I was starting to get a little grumpy, with the summer flowers about gone and the transition to fall just beginning, things were a little drab! But this burst of beauty has picked me back up again. You have great week also.

I agree Karin, they sure made my day on this trip. I noticed today as I drove to work that they were beginning to show around North Mississippi also. Amazing how they all seem to face the sun as it moves across the sky.

Nellie, hope you have a wonderful trip to West Virginia and may your road be dressed with the beauty of the fall! Planning a trip to western Virginia in a week or so myself. Got to take in some of the wonderful fall colors. Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Photos! And you have a great weekend too! :-)

~Ron

Giga said...

Żółte kwiaty to nie tylko radość, ale i takie malutkie słoneczka na niepogodę. Pozdrawiam

Susie Swanson said...

Thought I'd pop back over to let you know, I got it straightened out for the time being anyway. Thank you for your nice comments on mine, May God Bless, Susie

pumpkydine said...

Thank you Ron for stopping by and the comments.

Giga, I appreciate you commenting and joining me on my walk in the woods. I hope you can find something interesting. Enjoyed your blog also and I will have to try the pieczonek. It sounds wonderful.
Randy

Glad to hear that Susie, and glad you didn't loose your blog content. That would cause my bloodpressure to go up if that were to happen to me. Have a great day!
Randy

Rick said...

Well I can certainly understand how they changed your outlook from drab to dazzling ! What a splash of color !! (Oh and I remember that song too well ;-)

pumpkydine said...

I took these pictures about 200 miles north of my home. Since then I have noticed them everywhere. Fall is starting to put on quiet the show around here.
Randy