Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Perfect Sunrise!

With fall here and the leaves changing color fast, I am
planning a few days off to visit the mountains of Virginia,
North Carolina and Tennessee to soak up some of the
beauty of God's Creation. In anticipation of the trip, I
was foraging through some of my photos and ran across
this one taken earlier this year from the Pisgah Inn located
at mile post 408.6 near Waynesville, N.C. on the
Blue Ridge Parkway. I love the sunset shots but
due to an insatiable desire to "be asleep" at the sunrise
hour I often overlook the beauty to be found with a
perfect sunrise. I'm not usually together enough at this
time of the morning to operate a camera but on this
occasion I managed to stumble out and take this sunrise
picture. Needless to say, it set the tone for the rest of the
day.


"What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives."
      E.M.Forster(1879-1970): English novelist, essayist, short-story writer

7 comments:

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

The hours close to sunrise are gifts. Whatever you do then is your own wonderful time to do with as you choose because most people are still asleep and you normally would be if you hadn't awoken.
I just left the Mountains of NC, TENN and VA today and am now typing away in the Mid-Ohio Valley of WV. It was just beautiful around Big Stone Gap VA. I hope you make it and have a good trip.
nellie

Marty said...

I'm looking forward to the beautiful images you will bring back ! wish you a happy trip !
I've choosed sunsets ! sunrises, too hard for me too !!

Susie Swanson said...

I love the sunrise and the sunset. It is a diffucult time of day but you're right, we do tend to miss the beauty that God places in plain sight.. Hope you have a nice trip and you will be near where I live. My home is in the far Western County of North Carolina..Susie

pumpkydine said...

I agree 100% Nellie about the mornings being your time. It is so peaceful before the daily rush of people and traffic and noise interupt the day. Can't wait to see the Blue Ridge and the Shenandoah Valley.

Thanks Marty, I haven't gotten to do as much picture taking lately due to work load and other commitments, so I hope to spend some quality time snapping the ole shutter box and soaking up the beauty.

Thank you Susie. I just love the area of Eastern Tenn and Western North Carolina. I don't think I have missed making at least one trip a year to that area in over 40 years. And I still have only made a small dent in all there is to see.

May fall pour out it's radiance on everyone and shower you with the beauty that is the autumn season!

Rick said...

A gorgeous sunrise Randy ! It's rare that I'm up to see them either since I tend to be a night owl - so I rely on more motivated bloggers to give me a glimpse of what sunrise is all about. Perhaps one of these days ...

Enjoy your trip - look forward to seeing some of your captures.

pumpkydine said...

I hope to take more than a few shots!Ha Ha! I have been too busy lately and my inventory of worthy pictures is running low. I hope to take a few worth sharing but more importantly, I am just looking forward to being in the peaceful beauty that abounds this time of year. Have a great week!
Randy

GameQiuQiu.ID said...

This ole saying was usually intended to describe someone gameqq