Saturday, September 24, 2011

Suprise Suprise Suprise!

What a nice suprise every fall when these beauties
stick their stalks through the grass and flower beds
to burst open this beautiful flower. Though short
lived, they are gorgeous while they are here.

Red Spider Lily -  Lycoris radiata
“So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
Bible New King James Version-Matthew 6:28-29

8 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

What a beautiful lily. Everytime I see one I think of that song..

Marty said...

oh yes, really beautiful ! love the colour and I would enjoy to find some here too !
have a nice sunday !!

pumpkydine said...

Thanks Susie, beautiful flowers seem to make music of their own!

Thank you Karin!

Marty, they really suprise me every fall! They just seem to pop up so fast and in the most unusual places. I really don't know how they spread to the places they do, but I am glad they pop up.

Hope you all have a nice Sunday as well!

Sheila said...

Spider lilies are so beautiful. That shade of red is stunning. Where I have seen them growing they seem to be in drifts. I wonder if they would grow in my garden.

pumpkydine said...

They are very beautiful flowers Sheila. They often come up in lines or rows in my yard. I don't know how they got there. I bet they would grow fine in your area. We are in zone 7 here. Have a wonderful week.

Rick said...

A very appropriate text, Randy, to accompany this delicate beauty ! Can't imagine how anyone can look at the intricacies of the Creation and deny the existence of the Creator !

Toyin O. said...

Beautiful words and pictures, thanks for sharing.

pumpkydine said...

I agree Rick. The touch of the Creator is everywhere and in everything. His wisdom and majesty shine brightly through all creation if only we would have eyes to see.

Thank you Toyin O. for stopping by and your kind words. Hope you find something of interest here and I look forward to reading more on your blog.
God Bless!