Sunday, August 21, 2011

Green Thumb of Nature!


I know, I know, another bee on a flower picture! Hey, what can I say. I just love the relationship between the insects and the flowers. It is an amazing cycle of dependence, mutual benefits, and life, that I struggle to understand in more detail.


                                     Yellow Cone FlowerRudbeckia laciniata

These beautiful flowers were adorning the summit of Mt. LeConte 
on a recent hike up to the Mt. LeConte Lodge for an overnight stay. 

Nature has the most awesome green thumb!  

"Tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes!"                                              
William Wordsworth(1770-1850): English Romantic Poet                                                                       

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shots of the flowers. Whose that up on the porch of the lodge. He looks really tires. LOL
Chris

pumpkydine said...

Thanks Chris for stopping by and leaving a comment. If you want to know who was the most tired, you should look at the guy behind the camera. He's the one whose flip flops were dragging before the summit. Ha Ha!

Rick said...

No - not tired of bee on flower shots - not as long as they're as well-captured as you do Randy. Yes, what marvelous clothing God provides for his creation - and our enjoyment. Wonderful shots !

Sheila said...

Wow - FIELDS of flowers. Gorgeous! Helps with my current state of nature deprivation, acquired through spending too much time in air conditioning.

pumpkydine said...

Rick, Thanks for your continued inspiration through those encouraging words. I really do appreciate your visits. Traveling from the lowlands up to the 6600' peak really takes you through the seasons as spring is just happening up top.

Thanks Sheila for your comments and yes I was blown away when I made the lodge and saw all the bloomers everwhere. It was my second spring of the year. I can relate to the air conditioning also. This summer has been too hot for my taste but I am blessed and am trying not to grumble. Have a great trip to Maine.