Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Beauty and The Beast!

Well after several weeks of no rain, we finally got close to 1 inch today and it was sure welcome. The flowers in our yard really appreciated the drink and they just seemed to burst out with life. I had to grab the ole shutter box and go take a few frames to add to my trillion or so pics. This Althea was just begging me to take it's picture so I had to oblige.

Just as I was getting into the soft light breaking out of the clouds and trying to get the best shot possible, I noticed a little visitor. Well it was a most unusual looking beast so I turned my attention to it. I am sorry but I don't know the name of this member of God's creation but I thought it was harmless enough and worthy of a closeup.
The sun came out strong and the soft light departed so I retreated inside my house to soak up the coolness provided by the good ole AC unit. Later in the evening just before the sun dropped behind the trees, I looked out my window and saw the most beautiful soft light hitting the Althea flowers again. So I went out to get one more shot to add to the hard drive and low and behold, my ole buddy the beetle had been enjoying an afternoon snack, courtesy of the Althea flower I was planning on shooting again.

 
Needless to say, this presented me with a problem. Who wants to see a flower full of bug holes??? But just as God intended, His creation proves once again His genius in designing all things on this earth. Each has a purpose and is here for a reason and these shots show the beauty and the beast as He intended them to be.

"Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good."
          Holy Bible-New King James Version        Genesis 1:24-25

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Yes, we have to have the humility to consider that God may have made flowers primarily for insects and secondarily for us. It's the attitude that we have to control or eliminate any creature that causes us even trivial annoyance (such as holes in one beautiful althea blossom) that starts us down the road to environmental destruction.

I think I have the same variety of althea blooming in the garden. She is a beauty! I love the first photo.

pumpkydine said...

You are so correct in your comments. It always amazes me to see the interactions in nature as God intended them to be.

The Althea blooms it's heart out every year. It is not the most beautiful plant for most of the year but it shows out when it blooms.