Saturday, June 11, 2011

Beauty Created!

No matter what your passions may be, you can't look at this baby mallard duckling and not see a thing of beauty. Don't you just want to pick up this little fuzz ball and just cuddle it for a while?


                                        Nikon D90   300mm at 1/500s   f5.6      ISO 1400     (Click for a larger view) 
"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."
         Ralph Waldo Emerson(1803-1882): American lecturer, essayist and poet.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Adorable! What a great photo!

Have you discovered Blotanical www.blotanical.com yet? I looked for your blog there and didn't see it. It's a great way to meet other nature lovers and gardeners as well as attract readers to your blog.

pumpkydine said...

Thanks for the comment. I have a soft spot for the birds, especially the cute, fuzzy ones like this little fellow.
No I haven't been to that site, but I will surely check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Rick said...

That's a photo that inspires a lot of "awwws !". Very nicely captured.

I spent some time catching up (my internet connection is verging on useless) - loved that great heron shot, and thistle, clouds ...

pumpkydine said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. They mean a lot! I feel your pain on the internet thing. I suffered for many years with the same issue. Hope it is cool up there in the far north, we are melting down south in the upper 90's. Take care!