Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dumpster Diving Squirrel ?




Well I pulled up to the park the other day just in time to see this Grey Squirrel go dumpster diving for lunch. Now I know this sounds weird but look at the pics above and see for yourself. I guess this squirrel has just gotten tired of eating acorns everyday or maybe the acorns have all been eaten since there is a rather large population of squirrels in this park. Either way, I was amazed to watch this squirrel  come out with a chicken wing of all things. I was even more amazed as it climbed the nearest tree and gnawed off the rather sauced up meat. It just goes to show what I always say, "That you just never know what you may see in nature!" Sorry the shots are not the best but I pushed the limit of my lens to just get these. While not the best photos, they do represent the rare opportunity to see nature uncensored.

"The peace of nature and of the innocent creatures of God seems to be secure and deep, only so long  as the presence of man and his restless and unquiet spirit are not there to trouble its sanctity."
      Tomas De Quincey (1821-1856): English Author and Intellectual

4 comments:

the shaws said...

I liked all your photos, will check them out again
sometime.

pumpkydine said...

Thanks for visiting my site and your comments. I took this up as a hobby and am really enjoying trying to capture nature and all it has to offer through photographs. While the pics are not the quality of some sites, I am learning as I go and finding out just how much effort others put into capturing those spectacular shots. Hope you will visit again and best wishes in all that you do.
Randy

Rick said...

The only bad photo is one not taken !

Great series Randy and good observation. And stranger than fiction !

pumpkydine said...

Thanks Rick, Well said! It is sure nice when the photo opportunity just comes to you as a gift! We just have to be ready to capture it before it goes away. Have a safe and pleasant trip.