Sunday, February 27, 2011

Would You Raise My Kids?

Now most of us don't care much for moochers and although I am somewhat partial to birds, I do find fault with a few species and the Brown Headed Cowbird is one such variety. I guess they are harmless and you may disagree but I find them to be greedy, bossy, nosey, intolerant of others, selfish, pushy, lazy and to top it all off come nesting time if they can't find a nest requiring little if any work, then they just lay their eggs in the nest of another specie. Then they let what ever unlucky couple it happens to be raise their young for them. Now who wouldn't like that kind of a deal, except for the poor birds having to raise the voracious eaters. Nature is an amazing thing! I have known a few of the attributes of the Cowbird to exist in some of our human friends, thus the following quote:

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you."
      H. Jackson Brown, Jr. - American Writer

No comments: