Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On Heaven's Breath


Tawny Emperor (Astercampa clyton)
A member of the Hackberry Butterfly group decided to lite upon my truck bed so I was obliged to grab a quick shot of this beautiful member of God's creation. Thanks for stopping by and sharing a moment with me long enough to admire your beautiful coloration. Butterflies go through an extradinary migration every year and they are at the mercy of everything they come in contact with, thus the poem below.

Happiness is like a butterfly which, when persued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you sit down quitely, may alight upon you.
Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804-1864): American Novelist

On Heaven's Breath

On Heaven's Breath I flutterby
Framed against her deep blue breast
Over lake and stream I tarry nigh
Through field and wood I rest

True course I hold through wind and storm
A journey far from start to end
Constant dangers are endless born
Waiting, lurking, round every bend

I cast my lot upon the breeze
And pray a gentle hand it give
By fate it carries me where it please
Through countless battles I must live

And when I cross your path one day
On Heaven's Breath I flutterby
Cast your eyes upon my way
And say a pray for butterfly
                            Randy J. Schultz    August 24, 2010

No comments: