Sunday, September 5, 2010

Butterfly or Flutterby?





Pipevine Swallowtail (Battus philenor)

If you are like me, you probably never give much thought to butterflies as you go about your daily chores. I haven't either until I bought a book and started trying to capture a picture of the little creatures. I thought there were only 5 or 6 different kinds but there are literally hundreds of different butterfly species and they are some of the most beautiful of God's creatures. I never dreamed of so many colors and patterns. And just think, all this beauty came from a little ole worm or grub looking critter. The fall migration is on and I am going to try to capture as many different species as I can in the coming weeks.  I will share them as I can. Notice the orange spots on the
underside of the hind wings but are not visible on the top side.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience"
             Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882): Philosopher, Poet, Author, Essayist

No comments: